Educators — Professional Development
Reading ASSIST Institute is committed to providing high quality professional development to education professionals at all levels. Our course offerings are grounded in best practices according to scientifically based reading research. Our commitment to tracking and understanding the implications of the latest in research assures participants that the offerings they choose are both up to date and relevant to their practice.
RAI provides support for all three tiers of instruction. Click on each tier in the triangle to learn how RAI can help.
TIER ONE SUPPORT:
RAI can improve outcomes through universal screening and progress monitoring by offering:
• DIBELS Next® Data System Management - RAI consultants work with your administration to set up
DIBELS Next® datasystem
• On-Site Testing - RAI sends a team of highly trained DIBELS Next® specialists to meet your testing needs
• Teacher Training & Coaching - DIBELS Next® Essentials & DIBELS Next® Grouping & Progress Monitoring
RAI can enhance classroom instruction through high quality professional development and coaching by offering:
• LETRS® - RAI is one of the few affiliate sites to offer LETRS, the only professional development program that
gives reading teachers and coaches a deep, structural knowledge of the English language – knowledge proven
to be at the heart of successful literacy instruction.
RAI can help every education professional get more valuable information from literacy assessments,
by taking the guesswork out of intervention.
• Next STEPS® is everything educators want. It is designed for use with response to intervention—gives
explicit instructions on designing Tier II and Tier III small-group instruction and monitoring student progress.
TIER TWO SUPPORT:
RAI can provide additional practice opportunities through focused instruction in targeted areas by offering:
• RAI Professional Development Modules - These modules have been designed to provide educators with a deeper understanding of the processes involved in reading as well as best practices for delivering scientifically based reading instruction. Strategies and techniques learned in these modules are intended to enhance core instruction already in place.
• Brown Bag Sessions - From our knowledge of research based strategies and our extensive work with the struggling reader, we have techniques that work. And we can share this knowledge to enrich classroom instruction in these 90 min. sessions.
TIER THREE SUPPORT:
RAI can help you accelerate achievement for your most at-risk readers by offering:
• RAPS Intervention - The R.A.P.S. Intervention training course covers current reading research, phonological awareness, formation of consonant and vowel sounds, as well as direct, systematic, sequential instruction in the structure of the English language.
- Reading ASSIST® Institute
- 100 West 10th Street, Suite 910
- Wilmington, DE 19801
- P: (302) 425-4080
- (888) 311-1156
- F: (302) 425-4085